Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Interview With Sampson Perry

Me: Good morning and thank you for coming out to interview with me today. Why don’t you start by telling us your name?
Character: No problem. My name is Sampson Perry.
Me: What do you do for a living, Mr. Perry?
Character: Well, I work in Military Intelligence. That’s about all that I can say for the rest is classified and frankly you don’t have the need to know. [He sits back and takes a sip of his latte.]
Me: I see. So you can’t be a little more specific? The Intelligence field involves many different things.
Character: Sure, I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you. [He laughs wholeheartedly.] Besides, I’m sure that you don’t have the proper clearance.
Me: Well, actually I do have a TS SBI security clearance, which is one of the highest clearances that you can obtain. Besides, who am I going to tell?
Character: [He looks at me oddly as though he’s trying to size me up.] Alright then, I’m an Intelligence Analyst. Basically I take all the information that has been gathered from various sources and create reports to be delivered to the President of the United States.
Me: Very impressive. So is that what you do for Operation Dark Angel?
Character: [He shifts nervously in his chair. He looks around the room as though he’s looking for something. He lowers his voice to barely above a whisper.] Who told you about Operation Dark Angel? That’s classified information. Even the President does not have the proper security clearance for that information.
Me: Can you answer the question, Sampson?
Character: I don’t know what you are talking about. Next question please.
Me: Ummm, alright. Where are you from?
Character: [He seems to relax a little bit.] I was born in Irvington, New Jersey.
Me: Really? I have family there.
Character: Yes, but I haven’t lived there in quite a few years.
Me: Where are you currently residing?
Character: I am temporarily living in Pembroke, Georgia.
Me: Temporarily?
Character: Yes, I am just staying here while I work on a project on Fort Stewart.
Me: So where do you call home?
Character: Washington D.C.
Me: What do you like to do for fun? Do you have any hobbies?
Character: I enjoy going to see a good action movie. I like mud bogging, motocross, hunting, fishing, boating and hockey.
Me: How do you like working with President Nicolaitanes Balac?
Character: [He eyes me suspiciously.] Did Rosalind tell you something? Are you trying to get me to say something against Nicolaitanes?
Me: You’re acting very suspiciously. No to both of your questions.
Character: Well, I enjoy working with President Balac. It is an experience of a lifetime. [He stares down at his hands as he says this.]
Me: Is there something about President Balac that you don’t particularly like? [I lean forward in my seat.]
Character: I really can’t answer that. You have no idea what Nicolaitanes is like. What am I doing here? If he finds out that I’m here talking to you about this………….[His voice trails off. He stares into empty space. His hands start to tremble.]
Character: I think that I’d better go now. Thanks for having me. [He quickly gathers his things and hurries out of the door.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still Alive....Still Free

Good day everyone. I know that I have not been on here lately to keep you updated. Things have been rather quiet and almost boring here la...