Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

My NanoWriMo Novel

     Every November for the past couple of years, I have participated in a program called NanoWriMo. This program challenges authors to get a book completely written in a month's time. This year I chose to write a Hansel and Gretel retelling. This is my first fairytale retelling. I had so much fun writing the story. It was interesting to find out how much German I actually remembered from my childhood. As a military brat, I lived in Germany for a while. 
     Why incorporate German into the novel? Hansel and Gretel is originally a German fairytale. I wanted to keep it kind of the same feel as the original . So, part of the story takes place in the US and part takes place in Stuttgart, Germany. I'm super excited to get it into your hands. It will be released soon so keep your eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still Alive....Still Free

Good day everyone. I know that I have not been on here lately to keep you updated. Things have been rather quiet and almost boring here la...